Following the Government’s decision to raise the COVID-19 restrictions to Tier 4 across most of the East of England and then place the country into Lockdown, we have made the decision to place all activities on hold until further notice in line with current legislation.
2020 has seen a great deal of disruption due to the COVID-19 outbreak and this continues to affect many aspects of our lives, including that of the events industry. Whilst there is obviously no one simple answer to the current crisis, it rests on all of us take steps to minimise the risk to ourselves and each other.
We at Gizmo Events view our own role in reducing the spread of COVID-19 very seriously and we are actively taking steps to keep ourselves, our clients and their event participants as safe as possible. We have fulfilled the “Good To Go” Industry Standard for all sectors of the tourism and events industry by doing the following:
- Staying up to date with the relevant Government and Public Health guidance documents and understanding how they apply to us;
- Completing a COVID-19 specific risk assessment that is regularly reviewed in line with updated government guidance;
- Consulting with our clients to ensure that all appropriate health & safety measures have been implemented at their events;
- Sharing the results of our COVID-19 risk assessment and any actions taken as a result with our clients;
- Ensuring that we check, understand and implement the relevant guidance for our sector;
- Ensuring that we communicate our working practices with everyone that we work with;
- Ensuring that hand cleansing, social distancing and other protective measures are communicated at any venues where we operate;
- Ensuring that we take into consideration the additional needs of any group in our planning and practices.
We will continue to monitor, review and update our documentation and practices as the situation changes.